1 pound of potatoes, cubed
1 ear corn
1/2 small onion, diced
1/4 cup chives, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons mayo
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and gently drop in the eggs. Set a timer for 7 minutes.
- Blend the buttermilk, mayo, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, half of the chives and half the parsley together using an immersion blender. A thorough whisking works too.
- Pull the eggs out of the boiling water when the timer goes off and submerge them in an ice bath.
- Add the potatoes and a teaspoon of salt to the boiling water and cook for 6 minutes or until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- Strain the potatoes and lay them onto a paper towel to dry thoroughly.
- Cut the kernels off the cob of the ear of corn and sauté them over low heat with the onions and butter until the onions become translucent.
- In the meantime, peel and quarter the boiled eggs.
- Combine the corn, onions, and potatoes in a bowl and cover them in buttermilk dressing. Toss it all together with the herbs and eggs.
- Add additional salt and ground black pepper to taste and enjoy!
I crumbled some bacon on top of Mike’s bowl and the consensus was that also tasted delicious. Try not to eat it all immediately like I did—it will taste better after it sits for a while.
Olivia Maki originally posted her recipe for Buttermilk Potato Salad at The Coast Kitchen.