↑ You would not believe how easy it is to make ricotta cheese from scratch!
Subscribe to Frankie on Tastemade: http://taste.md/1Svw5wf
1 gallon whole milk
¼ cup white vinegar
2 tbsp of water
- In a large pot with a candy thermometer, slowly bring the milk to 180*
- Mix the white vinegar and the water and add to the milk. Stir in slowly and keep on the heat for another 5 – 7 minutes, or until the curds and whey begin to separate.
- Place a large colander, lined with cheesecloth over a bowl.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, begin to gently skim the separated curds into the cheese cloth.
- Put it in a plastic quart with holes in it – allow it to continue to drain, it will be firmer the longer it drains.
- Serve and enjoy with grilled bread and Bee Local honey.